Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Preparedness Update

We had a few goals over the past two weeks and made a bit of progress.

The biggest goal for me was to address the storage issue for preparedness items. This was accomplished as is noted in the previous post.

I also asked my wife to take care of emergency cards we can keep in our wallets and to research first aid supplies. Well, those have not happened yet but I'm trying to not ride her too hard. It's funny in that she's really pushing that we take some preparedness steps but appears to be moving at a much slower pace. We'll get there.

I did order two of the 25 Gallon Boxed Water Kits from Emergency Essentials. The order went fine and was shipped quickly. I have not had a chance to fill these up and replace our current water in storage but I'll get to it in the next couple of weeks.

I also ordered a Maxpedition Kodiak GearSlinger pack from Olympic Camping Gear to use as my everyday laptop bag/day pack. This seller had a very good price and provided good service before the sale verifying it was in stock. It shipped out the next day and arrived with no issues so I would definitely buy from this store again. Now that I have a pack, I'll start building it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment